SENIOR LENS DESIGNER
Immervision is the panoramic imaging leader and offers its panomorph technology to any industry. As part of our dynamic and creative R&D team in Montreal, you will have an impact on optical design and manufacturing highly advanced optical systems.
Your role includes:
- Undertake preliminary and detailed optical design and analysis;
- Generate complete tolerance set to support prototyping and mass production;
- Develop assembly and test strategies;
- Troubleshoot if required;
- Involvement in R&D of optical & opto-mechanical technologies to develop customized panomorph lens solutions for mass production.
- Doctorate (PhD) degree in optics or equivalent;
- 3-5 years of experience in lens design using well known optical design software (or equivalent, senior lens designers are welcome);
- 3 years of experience in wide angle lens design including distortion and anamorphosis control;
- A good understanding of optical mounting and assembly practices;
- Experience in optical design for mass production;
- A working knowledge of glass molding and engineering polymers is desirable.
- Good knowledge in Zemax software;
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills (traveling 15%)
- English required;
- One of the following languages will be an asset: Chinese, Korean or Japanese.
Attitude: team player, autonomous, organised, motivated and proactive. Are you ready to take on new challenges?