SENIOR ANDROID DEVELOPER
TITLE: Senior Android Developer
FIELD: High Technology
TYPE: Full time
SALARY: To be determined
ImmerVision is looking to add a Senior Android Developer to its team. As a member of the engineering team, you will work with a group of talented and experienced developers, designers, marketing specialists to deliver solutions to top-tier global brands and blue chip partners.
Within the year, you will be able to:
- Point to at least one major brand and say, “We helped launch that!”;
- Have an opportunity to travel and attend top global consumer electronic shows;
- Have worked with some of the best known consumer electronic brands in the world;
- work on developing cutting edge technology;
- Focus on continuous innovation, lead brainstorming sessions, write and publish articles in leading worldwide scientific magazines and associations, collaborate in patent writing.
Leading innovation in 360-degree panoramic imaging, ImmerVision licenses its patented panomorph optical and software technology to global lens producers, product manufacturers and software developers. Panomorph lenses are the only ones that can be adapted to any camera, any sensor, and any consumer, commercial and government market. ImmerVision Enables is the recognized standard for 360-degree solutions and applications.
Under the management of the Engineering Director, the Senior Android Developer will help and support the engineering team on a continuous basis, to quickly deliver various projects while furthering our aim to revolutionize the way we communicate with each other.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Software Development (specification, implementation, tests, and maintenance)
- Customer/partner support and pre-sale activities (International travel might be required)
- Documentation (Reporting, Technology presentation, White paper and Software and code documentation)
- Timely submission of expenses reports, project status reports, etc.
- Timely submission of all project documentation in the document repository of record
Studies and Experience:
- University degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent
- More than 5 years of experience
- REQUIRED: English
- ASSET: Korean, Mandarin or Japanese speaker
- ASSET: Past experience working for a Smartphone OEM/ODM (LG, Samsung, Google, Motorola, Blackberry, etc.) or application processor manufacturer (Qualcomm, Mediatek, Intel, Samsung, TI, Huawei)
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proven ability to work as a team member and to meet critical customer deadlines
- Strong background in Android development
- REQUIRED: Experience in Android SDK, Java development and APIs
- REQUIRED: Experience in Android NDK , Android native C++ language and APIs
- STRONG ASSET: Experience in Android Camera HAL and Android camera software stack
- ASSET: Experience in Qualcomm, MTK, Intel or Samsung BSP and Android code base.
- ASSET: Knowledge in image processing (ISP tuning) or 3D engine algorithms (e.g. OpenCL or CUDA).
- Dynamic work atmosphere within a high technology company working in an international context
- Full time
- Four (4) weeks of days off
- Office located downtown Montreal
- Company in expansion
Are you ready to take on new challenges?