Optical System Specialist
Title: Optical System Specialist
Field: High Technology
Type: Full time
Salary: To be determined
Hiring date: ASAP
As an Optical System Specialist, you will work with a group of talented and experienced developers, designers, and marketing specialists to deliver solutions to top-tier global brands and SOC partners.
You will be performing a broad range of complex and interrelated work activities including research, modeling, analysis, design, assembly, integration, test, and qualification of state-of-the-art optical systems for various markets, including consumer optics, UAV, automotive, robotic, and space environment
You will help and support the engineering team on a continuous basis, to quickly deliver various projects while furthering our aim to revolutionize the way we communicate with each other.
In this role, you will work with some of the best-known consumer electronic brands in the world. You will contribute to developing cutting edge technology and to the successful launch of major consumer devices. You will be part of a team-spirited company pursuing continuous innovation.
Studies and Experience
- Graduation with a degree from a recognized post-secondary institution with acceptable specialization in Physics, Engineering Physics, and/or Optics.
- Experience of approximately three (3) years in the utilization of passive and/or active optical instrumentation for imaging, remote sensing and/or metrology. Including experience with optical design tools (Zemax, Code V, TracePro or other).
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to communicate effectively orally
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing
- Demonstrating integrity and respect
- Thinking things through
- Working effectively with others
- Showing initiative and being action-oriented
- Required: French, English
- Asset: Korean, Mandarin, Japanese or Hebrew
- Team player, autonomous, organized, motivated and proactive
- Dynamic work atmosphere within a high technology company working within the global imaging ecosystem
- Full time
- Four (4) weeks vacation
- Downtown Montréal location
- Company in expansion