Title: Senior Accountant
Field: High Technology
Type: Full time
Salary: To be determined
Hiring date: ASAP
We are seeking a dedicated accountant to join our growing company. This role has the possibility to grow rapidly. Position can be fully remote, hybrid or on-site.
You will collaborate with other accountants to create precise financial reports to increase our spending awareness. You will also be responsible for managing quarterly company audits and payroll.
As an accountant, you will be responsible for managing supplier invoicing and outbound payments (including payroll), monitor and record sales, and ensure all financial models, records, and related materials are kept up-to-date and stored safely to ensure they can be retained.
Below are some of the responsibilities an accountant is expected to assume in their position:
- Create and manage financial statements and dashboards;
- Create and file all necessary tax and financial forms for the company;
- Ensure audits are completed promptly with a quality product;
- Advise best practices and optimizations throughout accounting processes;
- Collaborate with finance personnel to develop approaches for creating more-accurate financial records and models for the company;
- Manage any and all audits on behalf of the company;
- Determine proper company filing schedule based on available information;
- Quality-assure and audit reports and filings for errors;
- Implement feedback and changes whenever possible.
Job Qualifications and Skills
Below are the qualifications expected of an accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an accounting-related field, CPA preferred;
- Proficiency in accounting software and bookkeeping programs such as QuickBooks Online;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Minimum of two years experience in accounting, bookkeeping, or financial modelling;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Time management and organizational skills;
- Knowledge of relevant tax laws and R&D tax credits in Quebec.
Employees at Immervision enjoy a full range of benefits, such as:
- 4 weeks of vacation plus 2 cultural days;
- Remotely work;
- Annual bonus opportunities;
- Paid CPA membership;
- Monthly reimbursement of cell phone.