Field: High Technology
Type: Full time
Salary: To be determined
Hiring date: ASAP
We are seeking a dedicated accountant to join our growing company. This role has the possibility to grow rapidly. Position is hybrid in our offices located downtown Montreal.
Note that this is very much a hands-on position with this role performing all the daily and monthly data entry relating to accounting. You will create precise financial reports and analysis to increase our spending awareness. You will also be responsible for assisting with company audits and produce payroll.
- All accounting entries including but not limited to accruals, prepayments and amortization schedules
- Payroll processing including but not limited to ensuring salaries are as per contract, leave management and tax remittances
- General human resources including but not limited to change in salary requests, change of department, accurate production of record of employment or income tax forms
- Supplier payments (cheques, wire)
- Customer invoicing and collections including but not limited to royalty tracking and reporting
- Administer all bank transactions and oversee data recording procedures monthly
- Bank reconciliation (cash application, o/s cheques)
- Monthly account reconciliations
- Contract administration
- Create and manage financial statements and dashboards
- Assist with annual budget collection of data and monthly discussions with business partners
- Monthly financial statement including variance analysis to budget and month-over-month with drivers
- Weekly cashflow
- Consolidation of multi-geographic legal entities
- Ensure all audit documentation is uploaded and available promptly with a quality product
- Identify areas where accounting can be improved with best practice
- BOD minutes (note that meetings are usually in French)
- Tax returns
- Deduction at sources
Ad hoc requests (from management, directors etc.)
Job Qualifications and Skill Sets:
Below are the qualifications expected of an accountant:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in an accounting-related field, CPA preferred
- Proficiency in accounting software and bookkeeping programs such as QuickBooks Online
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and French
- Minimum of two years’ experience in accounting, bookkeeping, or financial modeling
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of relevant tax laws and R&D tax credits in Quebec
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
- Team player, autonomous, organized, motivated and proactive.
Immervision is an equal opportunity employer. All our employment practices are solely based on individual merit and our organization’s needs at the time.