FAE (Field Application Engineer)
Title: Field Application Engineer
Field: High Technology
Type: Full time
Salary: To be determined
Hiring date: ASAP
At Immervision we bring eyes to machines. A privately owned technology firm located in Montreal, Immervision is seeking an experienced and highly motivated FAE to join our team and provide technical support to our customers in the area of optics and vision systems. In this role you will be responsible for providing technical support throughout the sales process, including pre-sales and post-sales activities. This position is open for a hybrid working schedule.
Below are some of the responsibilities the Field Application Engineer is expected to assume in their position:
- Act as a technical point of contact for customers, conducting product demonstrations and technical presentations to potential clients to showcase the capabilities and features of the company’s optics, image sensors, and vision systems.
- Provide technical support to customers throughout the sales process, including pre and post-sales activities, identifying customer needs, technical requirements, and providing solutions and support.
- Assisting clients with integrating and implementing the company’s products into their systems.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation, including user manuals, application notes and datasheets.
- Collaborate with our product development team to provide feedback from customers and to help prioritize new features and enhancements, provide feedback on product performance, usability, and potential improvements.
- Conduct product training sessions and setting up POC (Proof of Concept) demonstrations for clients and internal teams to ensure understanding of the product features and functionalities
- Participating in industry conferences, trade shows, and other events to promote the company’s products and stay informed on the latest industry developments.
Job Qualifications and Skills
Below are the qualifications expected of the Field Application Engineer:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in the area of optics and vision systems, including experience with cameras, lenses, lighting, or image processing.
- Well versed in most popular computing platforms Windows/Linux/Android/MacOS.
- Experience with C/C++, embedded C, library stack pipeline, software, hardware, and development tools to provide clients with support and debugging.
- Strong technical skills in Linux platforms, including experience with command line interfaces, shell scripting, and system administration. Experience with embedded platforms such as Qualcomm RB5, Nvidia Jetson or Raspberry PI is an asset.
- Familiarity with machine/computer vision software, external libraries (such as OpenCV) and tools, is an asset.
Aside from technical skills, the Field Application Engineer should be:
- A good communicator, able to work effectively with customers and internal teams.
- Organized, resourceful, capable of working autonomously managing multiple priorities.
- Able to think creatively and find innovative solutions to technical challenges.
If you are a self-motivated individual with a passion for optics and vision systems, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity. We offer competitive compensation and benefits, as well as a dynamic and collaborative work environment.